Monday, October 1, 2007

Ummm . . .

Positive test last night! My period was three days late and I couldn't wait. Not knowing was killing me. So after John and I got back from Dallas yesterday (which ended in the loss of his bag, though it was later found and returned) we stopped at the store for groceries and I went ahead and picked an EPT up. I waited until after dinner almost before bed time because I didn't have to go to the bathroom and I didn't want to waste the tester. I took the test and 2 minutes later I had a very distinct positive sign. It actually became dark very quickly, so I guess my HCG was pretty high. I have a doctor's appointment next Monday for a confirmation test, and then after that, I don't know what happens.

After the test showed positive I had a mini freak out session. I was shaking. John was surprised and excited when I put the test on the counter in front of him while he was shaving. Luckily he was pretty much done so he didn't cut himself. Of course he proceeded to say that we were going to have a little Troy Switzer. Uh, no. Today has been a bit better for me. I didn't sleep well last night. In fact I ended up infront of the computer from 2:30-3, after waking up at 2 unable to fall back asleep. I am a little calmer now, but still have my moments of "What was I thinking? There is no way I'm ready for this!" etc. I'm sure that's normal. But then I start thinking of everything we need to do to get ready for this baby. Do we have time? I'm going to have to recruit family members to help, so if anyone wants to volunteer in advance for painting, replacing carpet with laminate floors, etc., you are more than welcome. =)

I've had some inkling that I was probably pregnant for about a week, although a lot of the symptoms I had been experiencing were similar to those that happen before a period. I had cramping for about an hour on Sept. 24, which was probably the implantation of the zygote. Then I had some thicker vaginal discharge which was probably the build up of the mucus plug. Lovely. But right now I feel okay. My abdomen is a little uncomfortable, almost like I'm sore. But really, knock on wood, I haven't felt sick yet. If you go by my the start of my last menstrual cycle I am about 4 weeks along with a due date of about June 5. I'll firm that up at the Dr.'s appointment.

This past weekend we were in Dallas for Noel's baby shower and to see the rest of my family. We had such a wonderful time. Thank you to all of you who made it so much fun! We hope to see all of you very soon. I have a bunch more pictures, but these will have to do for now.

This week is a busy week. The D-Backs start the NLDS versus the Cubs on Wednesday and John and I are going, then the Coyotes' opening night is Thursday and we are going to that as well. Friday is our 5th wedding anniversary (!) and we're going to a nice dinner that night with another hockey game on Saturday. Maybe. I may bow out of that one. The Dallas weekend was non-stop and exhausting and I won't have time to catch up. Although I do have Monday off for Columbus Day. Gotta love government holidays. I'll post more after my appointment next week.

No comments: