Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Tomorrow

I am telling my parents tomorrow when I get home for my reunion weekend. I went to the doctor this past Monday to confirm and their test was positive too. So, yes, right now I am 5 weeks and 6 days. But I'm freaking out a little bit because this week I have had two instances of spotting. Although it is not heavy or accompanied by severe cramping it still worries me. I've seen where it is a common thing that happens at this point because the placenta is growing and the umbilical cord is becoming viable, etc. so there may be some bleeding. But the fact that it is still so early on and the risk of miscarriage is still pretty high, it makes me nervous. I sent an e-mail to my Dr.'s office asking if I should be concerned. I guess I'll just wait to hear back from them. I go back for my first pre-natal appointment on October 22 where I'll have all my bloodwork and all of that done. John will also be going with me.

My parents are going to flip! John is going to miss their reactions and he is disappointed. He's going to tell his mom on thursday or friday too. It sucks being so far from everyone because we can't tell them in person. Everyone is going to be so excited when we finally spread the news. JB and Sara are the only ones who know at this point. We are going to wait until around 10 weeks or so to start telling everyone else. Just to be safe.

I am having a really hard time with the eating right now. I have more or less been on Weight Watchers for the last 3 years or so. It has been hard for me to get through my head that I don't need to be eating to lose weight. I'm am not used to counting calories, and I feel like I am eating so much, even though I've figured that I've upped my amount to about what I would eat if I were trying to maintain my weight. I actually went out and bought some Slim-Fast shakes and bars because they are about the right amount of calories and they have so many vitamins and minerals that I need. They say you should only eat about 300 calories more per day, and maybe even less than that earlier on. That is one thing that I will discuss at my appointment on the 22nd. I am still working out as usual but am finding that I get tired much more quickly. I have been asleep before 10 several times this week, and that is unusual for me. I have just been exhausted. Other than that I really haven't had many side effects (knock on wood). I have felt pretty good.

Yes, 10 year high school reunion this weekend. It will be interesting. It makes me feel so old to know that I am old enough to have already been out of high school for 10 years. Ugh. I am really only going to see a few people, and there is going to be a baby shower on Sunday for Jenn (Olivier) Keel, so that will be fun.

No comments: