Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Almost 7 weeks

I told John the other day that if I feel this crappy throughout this pregnancy we are only having one. That's it. I feel really bad. Actually, today is not too bad. I'm trying to figure out what is going to work for me as far as reducing nausea. Monday and Tuesday were really bad. I bought some SeaBands and have been wearing them for 2 days. They seem to be working okay. I also bought some fresh ginger and lemons to sniff because that is supposed to help as well. It seems to be helping some too. Although today I have a headache. I would much rather have a headache than nausea though. JB reminded me yesterday that I only have 2 months left of it. Thanks.

I'm having a hard time with the eating too. Nothing sounds good to me. I'll have random moments when John will suggest something and I'll want it, but most of the time if I sit and look in the pantry or refrigerator, nothing will look appetizing. And I find that I am prefering things that don't smell that much. My sense of smell is definitely heightened. Yesterday at lunch one of my coworkers brought back mexican food from one of my favorite places and I almost lost it. I got up and walked to the bathroom thinking I was going to puke. I didn't, but came very close. And I almost fell asleep at my desk during lunch.

My family was so excited when I told them on Thursday. I told Erin and my dad first. Then my mom later. I told them the same way. We got to talking about our sailing trip in May and I told them that I wouldn't be able to go. When they asked why, I told them that you're really not supposed to travel during your third trimester. I think it took a moment for it to register what I said. Erin and Dad looked at me like I was crazy. Dad said, You're shitting me! And Erin said, You're not pregnant already? I said, No and Yes. They cried and laughed and it was very nice. I told Mom the same way, but she had food in her mouth that she ended up spitting out in shock. She cried too. Danny, of course, was the only one who didn't cry, but he seemed excited too. I did end up telling my boss on Monday. I was feeling so terrible and I wanted him to know why so he didn't think I was slacking. Other than that, no one except Sara and JB (and Ryan) know at this point.

My reunion ended up being fun. I got to see several of my friends and we had a really nice time. Other than the football game and the party I didn't do much. I spent a lot of time sleeping and sitting on the couch. Sunday we had Jennifer's shower which I really enjoyed, especially the chocolate bars in the diapers game. Hilarious.

No comments: