Wednesday, October 24, 2007

First Dr.'s appointment

I had my first office visit on Monday. Nothing special, just met with my Dr.'s nurse. They took some blood and then gave me all sorts of stuff to read and look at. John and I have to talk about some optional testing that we can have done and then I'll have to call my insurance company and see if they cover the testing. I'm planning on doing that today. We'll see if that acually happens.

As far as the morning sickness is going, I'm doing better with it, although today is not the best day so far. It's still not the best feeling, but I've gotten some tricks down that seem to be helping. I eat saltines before I even get out of bed in the morning, and then I make sure I sit down and eat something for breakfast. Right now it's a bowl of Quaker Oatmeal Squares or frosted mini-wheats. I am still having a hard time with food. Nothing sounds good. I did make an actual dinner the other night which was a nice change. Poor John has been eating so terribly because of me. I feel bad for the guy. Right now vegetables are not my friend and I am not really having cravings, so much as moments of something sounding really good. Then if I eat it I can only eat a few bites before I feel full or sick. Being pregnant is just awesome!

And by the way, I already think I look pregnant. My belly is poking out. I don't know if it's from the actual pregnancy or whether it's from bloating or good old weight gain. Part of it is bloating I'm sure. I have put on a few pounds but not enough to be the difference that I see around my waist. It makes it a little bit harder to dress. I am trying to continue to exercise. I don't have much energy but I try to walk on a treadmill at least every other day and do some crunches and push-ups. It makes me feel better so I make a point to try to do it.

Other than that and other common symptoms of pregnancy I am feeling alright. Although I'm a bit of a downer for John. All I want to do is sleep on the weekends. Which I'm sure is not fun for him some of the time. Other times I'm sure he enjoys it.

I plan on letting the cat out of the bag this weekend to the rest of my family. It is driving my mom crazy not being able to tell anyone, and I figure 8 weeks is an okay time to tell family. I can't wait to hear everyone's reactions!

No comments: