Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ellie

Ellie's here! Yay!! She was born this morning at 9:15 a.m. Dallas time. She is 6lb 3oz, 20 in. long and apparently beautiful. Which I have no doubt about. I am so excited, I just wish that I was there to see her. Mom and baby are healthy and doing well. I'm hoping to have some pictures soon, so I will post them when I get them.

I was able to tell my extended family this weekend. It was driving my mother crazy not being able to say anything to anyone. So they all know now. Busha was hilarious. (For those of you who don't know, Busha is the Polish word for grandmother. She is my mom's mom.) She basically screamed on the phone. I'm glad my parents were there so they could make sure she didn't hurt herself. =) Everyone else was happy too. I have the best family. They are all so supportive. I'm waiting a couple of more weeks to tell everyone else.

I got really sick on Monday morning. It was really weird. I'm thinking it was something that I ate the night before because once I got it out I was much better. I had not felt that bad before Monday, and I haven't felt that bad since. So I think it must have been a fluke. I don't think that it was morning sickness.

Our next doctor's appointment is November 30, but we have a screening for Down's Syndrome on November 29. I don't think that I am at high risk for Down's but the screening is covered by my insurance and it'll give us our first chance of seeing the baby, which is the main reason for scheduling it. We're going to take a CD-R to record it. I'll try to get some still shots to put up here. Then in January or February we'll probably be able to find out the sex. I don't really mind not finding it out, but John wants to know, so we're going to go ahead and find out. My mom doesn't want to know, so if we tell you, don't tell her!

I'm going to try to get John to go out and do some shopping with me this weekend. Not really shopping, more browsing, trying to decide what sort of stuff we are going to need for the nursery, etc. Strollers are going to be a big thing for me. There is so much to do and so much to get! We need to get the rooms repainted too, and new flooring for the house. We can start that now actually. Maybe we'll go to Home Depot and Lowe's and look at laminate flooring. I think that John wants to try to install it ourselves to save some money. Good luck with that. I know for sure that we are going to get someone to come in and paint. There is no way I am going to do that again.

No comments: