The first is for our friends Tom and Melanie. They adopted their adorable daughter Riley in April 2007 and are currently going through the adoption process again in the hopes of bringing another beautiful child into their family. Unfortunately the adoption process is not cheap so they are doing their own "fundraiser". Basically a percentage of proceeds from their Just Love Coffee! storefront go to them to help defray some of their costs. If you love coffee, and I know a lot of you out there do, this is a great site!
The second is for the Rhodes College Softball program. This is a program that is near and dear to me having played for Rhodes for 4 years. They are taking a trip to Florida over Spring Break - yes, they will be playing not just laying on the beach! One of the fundraisers they are doing has to do with gift cards. With , you go online and purchase gift cards for everyday expenses such as gasoline, groceries, dining out, home improvement, etc. There are over 600 retail chains available, including Home Depot, , and Applebees to name a few. When you purchase a gift certificate, Rhodes Softball receives a percentage of the sale. The percentage differs for each retain chain, but ranges from 2-25%. The next order Coach Hicks will be placing is on November 3 so if you want to get a jump on some gifts this is a really good chance to do it.
· Go to www.shopwithscrip.com
· On the right hand side, click “not a member.”
· Enter your information. For “student name,” enter the name of the student you want proceeds from your purchases to benefit.
· On the next page, you will be asked for our organizational code. It is 5C6798E21757L
· You are ready to begin shopping. Again, you will find hundreds of retailers, restaurants, gas stations, just about anything you want.
· When you have placed your order, you will come to a screen that will ask you to print a page and mail it, with your payment, to Coach Hicks at Rhodes. Mail your check and this form. Coach Hicks will place orders on the 10th of the month, and by the end of that month, your gift cards will be mailed to you.
If you have any questions about either of these, please let me know.