Friday, November 16, 2007

Heartbeat!

John and I had a Doctor's appointment today and we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! It was done with the doppler thingy so we didn't get to see anything but we definitely heard it. (I almost wrote him instead of it - I guess I'm thinking it's a boy, or maybe it's just wishful thinking.) It was really cool. The Doc said that the beat sounded good, that the rate was normal (168 per minute) and that the size of my uterus was right along with 10-11 weeks along, which is where I am. So everything is looking good. It is definitely a relief, and very neat, to hear something. It's making this seem that much more real. Of course all the side effects I've been having have been making it seem real as well. Men have NO IDEA what we go through!

John also got to sit through my internal exam. =) I'm sure he loved that. He can't even stand to hear the word tampon or anything female hygiene related so I'm sure seeing my feet up in stir-ups wasn't fun for him. Of course I laughed at him.

Our next appointment is November 29 when we have the Ultrascreen ultrasound so that will be our first glimpse of the baby. We are going to have them record it for us. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to get it on here so everyone else can see it too.

Have a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving! We'll be thinking of all of you in the cold weather while we chill in the upper 70, low 80 degree weather out here. =)

No comments: