Thursday, December 20, 2007

16 weeks

We've made it to 16 weeks. Only 24 more to go. Jeez. Honestly I think I'm ready to have the 9 months over. I know some women just love being pregnant. I do not think I am one of them.

We had a request for some belly pictures. These were taken today, at exactly 16 weeks. I am really not showing that much, but below are a couple shots. The one of my full body I am going to apologize for because John didn't tell me if I was in the picture or when he was taking it so I am looking off somewhere else. Also, I know my outfit doesn't match. I had just changed my pants after eating dinner and I just wanted to be comfortable.



I'm also noticing that you can see where the band of the pants I was wearing before cut in to my stomach. Nice.

Anyway, we had a Dr.'s appointment today. It was very quick. He just answered some questions that I had. My main question was on skin care. I don't think I've mentioned it before but my skin is TERRIBLE. It's never been perfect but since I got pregnant it has gone from semi-bad to the worst it's been in a long time. And of course there are conflicting reports on what should or should not be used as far as acne treatments are concerned during pregnancy. So I asked my Doc and he said that as long as it doesn't have Retin-A in it then it should be fine. I'm like a junkie now. I need my fix. I've gone 4 months without any sort of treatment and now I can use it. You bet your butt I'm going to. I can't wait to get to the store (I threw most stuff away at the beginning thinking I couldn't use it, but I do have one little tube of spot treatment stuff).

Then we got to hear the heartbeat again which eased all my anxieties. I have felt so good that I almost didn't feel pregnant, but that quick beat that you hear on the doppler makes everything better. The kid is all over the place in the heartbeat range. Apparently there is an old wives' tale that says the higher the heart rate then the baby is a boy, or vice versa, I don't really know. Well this kid must want to keep us guessing because the first time we heard the heartbeat (11 weeks) it was 168 bpm, during the ultrasound (13 weeks) it was 143 bpm, and then today it was 153 bpm. I don't know what to expect at our next ultrasound which, by the way, is January 15. We will be able to find out the sex of the baby that day, assuming the little one cooperates.

John got his Christmas gift from the Coyotes today. It is a bottle of wine from the Wayne Gretzky Estates and it is personally signed my Wayne Gretzky. It is very cool. We are not going to drink it. Even if I could drink right now, we wouldn't. It's a really neat thing for him to do. We had John's holiday party on the 10th. It was at the arena and they let everyone go down and skate on the rink before dinner. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do that, but definitely next year. Here are some pics of John and I.

With the rink in the background. We were going to use one of these as our Christmas picture but decided that you couldn't see the rink very well, so we didn't. Maybe next year we'll get a better shot. And, yes, that is maternity clothing that I am wearing.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I am going to the doctor again on the 27th, so hopefully everything works out good. I can't believe how different I look than you. You barely have anything going on, I already have a belly! The weird differences in everyone's pregnancy I guess.