Sunday, January 27, 2008

Results

I know, I know. I'm way behind on my posts. But really, we've been kind of busy. Last weekend we went to Porter to see John's family. It was a lot of fun. We got to see our nieces and nephews which is always enjoyable. Our newest nephew, Billy, who is 7 months old weighs in at 22 pounds. His almost 2 1/2 year old sister is 29 pounds! He's a big boy who likes to eat. Here are some pictures:



Apparently you can never start them too early on the Oklahoma Sooners.

My parents were in town this past week to supervise the painters that we had come in and redo three rooms in our house. The rooms look awesome. I am so glad that we decided to have someone come in and do the work for us. It took them a day and half. It would have taken us probably a month and a half. I will be sure to take some pictures and post them later. We also took my mom to a hockey game which was a lot of fun.

The plan for this weekend was to put in the laminate floors and baseboards in the hallway. That, unfortunately, never happened. John woke up Friday and his back was messed up again. So we have done nothing this weekend. But that's okay after the last couple of weeks. We needed a little bit of a break. Today it rained most of the day so it was nice to relax and watch TV and listen to the rain come down outside.

Well the cat is out of the bag for a lot of you already, but for those of you who don't know, here is a picture from our latest sonogram. It will tell you what we are having:


So, yes, all of you that voted girl, John and I are going to be parents to a little "Dickette" as my mom calls it. We were expecting a boy, but are happy nonetheless. She is very healthy and looked good on the sonogram. I'm already starting to worry about what my brother and cousins are going to teach her and Ellie as they get older. Stuff I'm sure they shouldn't know, but I also know how much they will love them and protect them. It will be fun to watch as they get older.

Right now I'm just trying to prepare myself for all the pink that I'm sure we're going to be getting. I'm going to try to register for as much non-pink as we can. I'm sure I won't get totally away from it though. Pink is unavoidable when you have a girl. Plus, Amber already told me that she is buying me pink because with two boys she can't buy it for her kids.

And, no, we have not decided on a name. We are currently in negotiations since it seems we can't agree on what to call her. I throw names out there and John shoots them down. He did suggest Tory Switzer though, since we can't go with Troy Switzer. I don't think so. Our next appointment is not until February 15 but not much will happen at that one. The sonograms are done unless something comes up, which I am praying something doesn't. I'm just glad to be more than half way there!

No comments: