Thursday, February 21, 2008

Called out

Kelley called me out yesterday because I said I'd post my 24 week pics over the weekend and I didn't do it. As I told her, I am just lazy, so that's why they didn't get posted. So here is one:

But now, as of today, I am 25 weeks, so I thought I should get those out here too:

These don't look as big as week 24 for some reason. Probably the clothes. The shirt I'm wearing is not a maternity shirt so it's a little short. She's kicking the crap out of me most days so that's kind of nice. She is very active to say the least. I can now see the movement from the outside. It usually occurs when I'm sitting down and I can see it up near my ribs. Our next doctor's appointment is March 14. I will have to do the glucose test for gestational diabetes at that one so it'll be a little bit longer than all the others. After that, since it is the 28 week appointment, I will start seeing the doctor every two weeks.

This weekend will be a busy one of trying to get as much done when it comes to flooring as we can. I made a trip to the opposite side of town (Scottsdale) on Wednesday to pick up more flooring since all the Sam's on our side of town don't carry it anymore. It took a lot of time to get there, pick it up, and get it home, but we figured it's better than spending $250 to have it shipped to us. Right now we are more than a third of the way through with the guest room. We will get it done this weekend and then move on to the nursery. We will also be going to Ikea this weekend to pick up a new desk and some storage/organizational units.

Spring Training starts in about 5 days and John and I are so excited! Yay for baseball season! The baby received her first pair of shoes, courtesy of my parents, and I think they are appropriate both for us as a couple and for the coming sports season:

How cute are they! She also got some monkey themed onesies from me. Actually I gave them to John as part of his Valentine's Day gift because I thought he'd appreciate them. I went into the store for one and came out with four. Oh well.

We're going to a hockey game tonight and on Sunday. Tonight we're meeting my friend and former college teammate, Andi, and one of her friends. Then on Sunday we are meeting one of the guys we were interns with in Memphis. Apparently he's been working for the Diamondbacks since 2004 and we just found out about a month ago. I don't think we've seen him since the end of the baseball season in 2000, so it's definitely been a while. It'll be fun to see him again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god...those are the cutest shoes EVER!!! you're pretty cute yourself :) cant wait to see you in person in a couple weeks!
aunt erin :)

Jenn said...

I can't believe you feel kicks that high! I am still feeling them only below my belly button.

Anonymous said...

I will continue to call you out on this stuff if you continue to be lazy ;-) Kelley