Monday, March 10, 2008

Ahhh . . . stretch marks

Gotta love 'em. I thought I was doing everything right - oil, lotion, etc. Erin had even gotten me body oil specifically designed for pregnancy. Doesn't matter. You either get them or you don't. And I get them. Figures. I started off looking pretty good. Just a few underneath and to the sides of my belly button. Now they are starting above and to the right of the belly button. Ugghh. Oh well. Not much I can do about it.

I did take some pictures last week and had every intention of posting this weekend, but I'm sure you can tell that that did not happen. Sorry. I will try to do it tonight, though I can't promise anything. My dad and sister are coming into town for some Spring Training games and I have some other things to do before they get here. I'm sure everyone is tired of just reading stuff and not seeing pictures. I'm a slacker.

I think I have gone through a belly growth spurt in the last couple of weeks. I had two comments from coworkers last week about how much bigger I've gotten, and another one today. It's true. I even made the comment after I looked at the pictures John took last week. She continues to kick me like there is no tomorrow but then stop when John puts his hand on my stomach. It is very visible from the outside and I think that if I start resting things on my belly she'd probably knock them off. It feels like there is more than one in there too. She is all over the place. I hope that is not an omen for the future.

I attempted to put together the crib this weekend after John completed the baseboards in the nursery. Ummm, let's just say that for the life of me I could not figure out how to attach the mattress supports to the rest of the crib. I think I need technical assistance from my husband. Then we were working on the floors in our bedroom (the last room, woohoo!) and about a third of the way through the boards were not lining up or attaching correctly and we don't know why. I have this terrible feeling that we are going to have to take what we have done apart and restart. Yikes. That's about 2 hours worth of work down the drain. So now our bedroom is still the way it was after we moved all the furniture to one side of the room and it is driving me crazy! I have to keep reminding myself that it is temporary and everything will be put back in its place shortly.

Congrats to Em (former teammate and roommate at Rhodes) and her husband, Rob, who had their little boy, Zachary, on March 6th. He is adorable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stretch marks are sucky! But at least you have an excuse for having them - I'm just large!
~Kelley