Monday, March 31, 2008

I know, I know . . .

It's been too long between posts. Again, I am going to claim laziness. I was going to take a picture of my fat feet and ankles but I didn't get around to it and then I woke up the next morning and they were back to normal. Maybe today after work if they swell up again.

So, updates. I had my gestational diabetes test a couple of weeks ago and that came back normal. Yay! Although it turns out that I am anemic. If it's not one thing, it's another. I am now taking iron supplements twice a day, or as often as I remember too. My doctor said that the numbers were slightly low so I think I'm doing okay. I haven't felt any side effects of the anemia but I don't want to either, so I'll keep taking the pills. Our next appointment is April 8. We have begun to have appointments every 2 weeks now, which is a little odd, but at least it gives us peace of mind every time we go in there. Our childbirth classes start April 9 and I am really looking forward to them. I don't know how excited John is about them but I think they'll be really good for him. I don't think he has any idea what he is in for.

My shower is this weekend in The Woodlands and I am so excited. My aunts are hosting it and I just know it will be awesome. They did my bridal shower as well and it was incredible. John and I are flying into Austin on Thursday where Erin and Danny will pick us up. We will see Busha on Friday morning and then drive to Houston for the rest of the weekend. I will pick JB and Sara up at the airport Friday afternoon. Friday night will be drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Saturday is the shower and a dinner at my parent's house. But all this fun brings all sorts of errands that I have to do this week - nails (very important), maybe a hair cut, pick up prescriptions and essentials at the store, cat food, etc. Which reminds me that I need to call the vet and make sure they have some food for me to pick up.

We finally finished getting all the flooring installed this weekend. Now all we need to do is install the transitions and baseboards in the hallway and our bedroom! I will be so glad when this project is over. The next step is getting the tile in. That should only take a day because we are going to hire someone to do that. John could do it but he wants to make sure that is done right and I guess it's easy to screw up tile. Whatever is easiest as far as I'm concerned.

Things have been pretty quiet other than that. I'll be sure to take a bunch of pictures this weekend so I can post them next week or weekend.

No comments: