Monday, March 17, 2008

Random information


Look at this animal cracker that I found (and then broke - oops). I thought it was hilarious that the crackers came out the way they did. My coworkers think that I should put it on E-bay. Heck, if someone is getting lots of money for a corn flake shaped like Illinois, you'd think I'd be able to get something for this. We all had a good laugh.




This picture is of the special uniforms that the Coyotes wore for their pre-game skate around on March 15, which was their St. Patrick's Day game. I don't know if you'll be able to tell but they are green and the numbers are in shamrocks. John had to special order them and he was so proud of himself. What a goober. P.S. The Coyotes lost the game.


This is our bedroom. The floor is finally done in there. We actually ended up taking part of it apart and redoing it because it wasn't lining up properly. But it all worked out in the end. Now all that has to be done are the baseboards. The only carpet left in the house is in our closet and that should be out by Thursday (John is taking a vacation day so that he can watch Baylor play in the tournament, so I'm hoping he does that when the game is over).



My doctor gave us this book at our most recent appointment - last Friday at 28 weeks and 1 day. We have to take it with us to our childbirth classes at the hospital which start on April 9. I flipped through it and it's a cool resource, although there was a page where the showed how big each centimeter dilation was. I didn't like that page. I need to show it to John so that I can see his reaction. We are going to head out to Babies R Us again tonight and add a couple of more things to the registry. My job at work today is to go through and get a list of everything that we still need to put on the registry. I know for sure that we need to get hangars and a diaper bag, but I'll have to look the rest of the stuff up.



The next two pictures are of the almost completed nursery. I'll be sure to take one when it is complete too. The walls are awesome. The pic doesn't do them justice. We still have to do the chair rail and get a rug but most of the stuff is in place. I also need to get a shot of our junge life up on the plant shelf. All the monkeys are so cool up there, especially against the green paint. My dad finished the crib for us and I am so glad because I couldn't figure out how to do it. I was able to put the changing table and glider together though, so at least I contributed something.



Here's a typical pregnancy story for me: At one point, while trying to put the crib together, I was sitting on the floor with one of the legs across my leg, just sitting there. John walked by and asked what I was doing. I told him that it was too hard to move and that I was just going to stay there. I felt like such a bum. But that's the way the entire pregnancy has been for the most part. And now I am so glad that I really won't have to do much more manual labor on this place. It's getting to the point where if I get down on the floor, I won't be able to get back up.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

1. I think you should at least put the crackers on ebay and see. Buy baby some shoes.
2. I like the special jerseys, they are pretty sweet!
3. The floors look awesome.
4. The dilation page in the book is f-in freaking me out.
5. I love the two green colors for the room. It looks very classy.
6. I told Rian we need to install a pulley system in our family room so that I can actually get up off the couch and walking.