Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Shower Weekend

This weekend we had my baby shower. It was such a fun weekend. John and I flew in to Austin Thursday and went to see Busha on Friday morning. It was great to see her and she is doing really well. Other than the fact that it was pouring down rain and freezing it was a good day.



We then drove from Austin to The Woodlands where everyone was getting set up for the weekend. I went and picked up my good friends JB and Sara at the airport and went back to my parents house for a small get together.



On Saturday was the shower. My aunts did an awesome job. Here they are with the spread. There were 2 different types of quiches, fruit kabobs, croissants with strawberry cream cheese and 3 different types of cupcakes - carrot cake, double chocolate, and a yellow with apricot filling. Each one had it's own frosting that matched the cake perfectly. So good! They also made a really great punch - which happened to be my one request for the afternoon. We played some fun games. One of which turned into a water balloon fight. And all the gifts were absolutely wonderful. Our daughter will have some of the best clothes. Plus we got a lot of hand-me-downs from Jason and Noel which I have washed and am going to organize today. My sister made some underwear for my mom since she was going to be becoming a grandmother - so of course they are granny panties.



Here are some more shots from the party.



Below is something that my cousin Kristen had done for us. She found a website and put this together using our sonogram. Very cool! We also introduced Ellie to my friend's son, Logan. She thought he was so cool. Huge smile on her part. She was fascinated.



Danny thought it would be funny to try on some hats that I received. He seemed to be more interested in all the gifts than my husband!



We had our doctor's appointment today and everything was fine. All we did was listen to the heartbeat again. So the next one is going to be in two weeks. I will be 32 weeks on Thursday, which is just crazy to think. We start our Childbirth Education classes tomorrow. It's a 4 week series, once a week for 2 hours. John likes to call it "Baby School".

2 comments:

Jenn said...

1. Elly is adorable.
2. I love the cupcakes. I would die to eat one of those cupcakes in Portland right now (or throughout the rest of this pregnancy).
3. I am going to get granny panties for my mom too, that is REALLY funny.
4. I don't think that my (4-man) baby shower for you is going to be as awesome. I am glad you had a good one. The whole shower looked beautiful and awesomely (is that a word) planned.

Anonymous said...

The shower was amazing. Our family is the best EVER! And you have some pretty terrific friends. Wow, are we blessed or what!!!! I really loved Danny modeling the hat! Words just can't describe! :-) I love you. MOM