Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baby School

Our Childbirth Education class started last week, and the first session was on relaxation techniques. John and I pretty much giggled through the entire thing. We were down on the floor doing breathing exercises and stress relief, so each of us got a mini-massage which was nice. The video they showed was pretty lame - the couple on it were huge nerds. The woman looked like she was wearing a tent. I told John to shoot me if I ever dressed like that. And the sad thing was that it was a video that was made recently. I'm not sure what we're going to be talking about this week, but I'm looking forward to next week's class when we get to take a tour of the place. Me and my planning nature needs to know where to go and what everything is going to look like. It was crazy though because there are at least 3 other couples (out of 15) that have the same due date as we do! Weird. There is another one who was June 5 but they moved her up because she was measuring big. And I think we were the only ones having a girl. I thought it was odd that we all were in the same class.

The tile guy is going to come on Saturday and give us an estimate. We're hoping to get it done before my mom leaves for her sailing trip, because she is going to come out and be here to supervise.

Jenn and Rian are going to be in town this weekend too. They get in Friday. We are going to go to the Botanical Gardens and the D-Backs game on Saturday and then they leave on Sunday. It'll be a quick visit but I'm glad that they are coming. We're even going to squeeze in a 4 person baby shower.

Other than that, not much is going on. Just trying to breathe - I swear, she is so high she makes it difficult for me to get good breaths sometimes. It's starting to get uncomfortable. I'll survive.

No comments: