Tuesday, May 27, 2008

1 CM

That's it. 1 cm dialated. Seriously. Actually my doctor said "about 1 cm" so whether that means not quite or a little more I'm not sure. The baby is still really high up, which is still really obvious by looking at me, but he did say that my cervix was really soft. And that's what needs to happen so that's a good thing. I will get checked again on Thursday. The Dr. did say that on that day we would talk about getting me "unpregnant". I told him that I would like to discuss that. I'm hoping to have a better idea of when things are going to happen after that appointment. I will be 39 weeks that day. John wants her to be born on 6/7/08 because of the 6-7-8 thing. I think that 6/6 or 6/7 would be fine. I'm trying to avoid having her on a day where someone else we know already has a birthday/special day. I know, not much I can do about when she decides to come, that's just my preference. So that leaves us with May 30th or 31st, June 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th or 10th. We'll see what actually happens. My mom says she's going to be born on the 10th.

I am still working. I now work from home one day a week which is really nice. Especially since most of my clothes don't really fit anymore so I'm wearing almost the same things every week. My coworkers are going to get tired of seeing the same things over and over again.

The Memorial Day weekend was a quiet one for us. I left the house one time. To go to the post office. That's it. And that was on Saturday morning and I was gone for about 1/2 an hour. I pretty much sat around and watched TV all weekend - but it was a good weekend for that because of the lacrosse and softball tournaments that were going on. John did a lot of yard work. I cleaned some. I did some knitting. We got the car seat base in my car but not yet in his. We are still waiting on our mattress and I have to stop at Target to get another set of baskets, but other than that I think we are ready. Well, as ready as we can be. Although I still don't have a diaper bag. I need to get on that. My mom has called me three days in a row to see how I'm doing. I think that she and my sister are getting a tad bit excited. =)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

OH MAN. You better post on this blog the minute you pop that sucker out. I'm getting so excited too!