Friday, July 11, 2008

Chunkster!

We have a chunkster on our hands. I took Olivia to her one month check-up and she was 21 inches (20.5" at birth) and 11 pounds 11 ounces (8 lb 1.4 oz at birth - 7 lb 12.5 oz 4 days later)! That's almost 4 pounds in 4 weeks! I knew she had gained some weight, but I didn't think it'd be that much. She has all the cute little creases and rolls. The socks she wears even leave marks on her ankles because they are so chubby. So, yes, she eats like her mom. Her next appointment is August 6 and she will start getting all her immunizations that day. Mom and Dad are not looking forward to it. I am making John go with me to that appointment because I don't want to go alone. He didn't go to the one month one because there weren't going to be any shots. Plus, he probably didn't want to sit through all the questions that I had for the doctor. I had a bunch and he was very patient with me and answered all of them. I even asked about piercing her ears which I want to do while she is still little. John is going to need some convincing when it comes to that.

She is really smiling a lot more now. She thinks I'm pretty funny I guess. She also really likes the mobile in her crib. She loves baths as well. She will sit quietly and just enjoy as we wash her, and then I massage her with baby lotion after. She loves that too. Most of the time we just undress her in her room and take her to the kitchen and bathe her in the sink. Well I guess she decided she doesn't want to do that because on the way to the bath the other night she peed all over me. John was cracking up as I'm standing there with a wet shirt and pee all over the floor and dripping down my legs. I am really glad we decided to put laminate floors in!

Olivia is getting much better at sleeping longer at night. She usually averages between 4 and 5 hour stretches when we first put her down and then 1 1/2-2 1/2 hour stretches after her middle of the night feeding. In fact, the other night she slept 6 1/2 hours at one time. It was awesome! It made me nervous when I woke up and she hadn't gotten up yet, so of course I have to go make sure she's breathing. Ahhh, being a new mother. I just wish those second stretches were longer.

She has a move that we call the "O.G. Roll". Sometimes she doesn't like being up on our shoulders, so she rolls herself over into the crook of our arms so she's facing upwards. Here she is after she has performed the roll and some extra scooting.

No comments: