Sunday, July 6, 2008

One Month!

Time has flown by and Olivia is now one month old. She is able to hold her head up for an extended period of time, has rolled over on her own once, and is becoming more and more chatty every day. We went and had her picture taken yesterday at JC Penney for her one month birthday. We are planning on doing a 6 month shot, a one year shot, and so on. The pictures turned out awesome and we should have our order by the 17th. We also opted for the online gallery so once we have the link to that I'll put it in here so everyone can check out the pictures. Some of our own are below. She goes in for her 4 week check-up on Tuesday. I can't wait to see how much she weighs. She is a big girl!





Practicing her beautiful smile!

Tummy time with Elvis. Yes, our cat is huge.

This picture was taken this morning, so I apologize for the way I look. Olivia managed to roll herself into this position and was asleep. I guess she was comfortable. It also gives you an idea of how big she has gotten.

I have my 6 week post-partum appointment on the 15th. I should be cleared to go back to all my normal activities. I am looking forward to getting back to the gym. I feel like a blob right now. I have been trying to get out and walk but it is so freakin' hot here that I have to go really early in the morning so it doesn't happen that often. I am pretty much back to normal as far as how I feel compared to how I was before I got pregnant. I'd say that it took about 3 1/2 weeks or so for me to feel back to "normal". There was a lot more to the recovery process than I thought or realized there would be.

The sleep deprivation has not been terrible. Olivia really does pretty well at night and I am very thankful for that. I am able to get a nap during the day which really helps, but I am definitely eagerly awaiting the day that she decides she is ready to sleep through the night. The weekends are great because then John can help me with the late nights. I think he is realizing, finally, what I do all day and all night. With her up more and more during the day, it's exhausting!

Finally, I'd like to congratulate Jenn and Rian on the birth of their son Cameron Rian on June 28th. At 9 lb 5 oz he was a big boy. Both he and Jenn are doing really well. He is adorable and we can't wait to meet him!

No comments: