Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Updates

I will be posting some pictures from the bachelorette party weekend.  It was a ton of fun!  Everyone survived to tell stories of the night.  =)  Unfortunately, now I am back to the grind at work.  Next step in the wedding celebration is the bridal shower in Austin at the end of February!

Also, my dad had his prostate cancer surgery on Monday and came out of it with flying colors.  He was able to go home yesterday and it resting comfortably there (with the exception that he still has a catheter - yuck!).  He hasn't had to use any pain meds which is a surprise but he is pretty sore and my mom says that he walks around like an old man.  The doctor was very pleased with the way the surgery went - no surprises or anything, pretty routine (if a surgery can be called routine) - but he did say they won't know for a little while if there was any nerve damage but he doesn't expect there to be.

Check back soon for pictures!

2 comments:

Baby Mama said...

Good news about your dad!!

Thanks for the nice comments about my registering. Who knew it was going to be so difficult! :)

Did you pick a dress for the wedding?

J, B, O, J & Z said...

I know it! It's so hard!

Yes! My dad is doing great. I should really post the e-mail he sent out today. It's pretty funny.

I do have my dress. It's a beautiful dark purple color. V-neck, sleeveless, some ruching and hits a little below my knee (but I am going to hem it to just above my knee). I'll have to put a picture of that up as well.

=)