Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Coyotes' Home Opener

Saturday was the Coyotes' home opener and J, O and I all went.  We were lucky enough to get bumped up to row A right behind one of the goals (our regular seats are in row O around center ice) and while I prefer to be further up so that we can see everything well these seats were awesome.  We got to see the players up close both during warm-ups and during the game (many of them are MUCH bigger than I thought - Mike Modano, and HOT! - Taylor Pyatt). 
O loved when they'd come right up close and she even got an official NHL practice puck during the pregame so she was super excited about that.  All she wanted to do after that was play with the puck.  Here are some pictures I shot.  I did the best I could but our camera sucks.

Player introductions
The game - O is now saying she wants to go to a game every day
We left in the middle of the third period and the game eventually went into overtime.  Unfortunately the Coyotes lost with 16 seconds left in the overtime period.  Damn Red Wings.

No comments: