Friday, April 25, 2008

Mini freak out

I almost made John take me to the hospital last night. I noticed, at about 6:30 or so, that I hadn't felt the baby move in a while. I couldn't tell you the time the last time I felt her, but I remember thinking as I was leaving work at 5 that I hardly ever feel her when I drive. I remember wondering if the car puts her to sleep and that it will be interesting to see if that happens after she is born as well. So I know that from about 5:00 on I hadn't felt her. My doctor says that if you don't feel the baby move more than 10 times in 2 hours you should call and go in and get checked.

At 6:45 or so I took a drink of something cold and decided I needed to eat something and go lie down on my left side to see if that would get her moving. Usually about 5 minutes after I start to eat she starts to move. Well this time she didn't. I lay there for a while and when John got home at about 7:15 I was really nervous. I told him that she hadn't been moving much, just a random movement here and there, but that she had been moving all day long. So we decided that we'd eat dinner and see what happened, then make a decision about whether to go to the hospital. Long story short she started moving after I had a bowl of Cap'n Crunch, so we're all good.

It's hard to get used to the fact that she is getting bigger and doesn't have as much room to move around anymore. I have been so used to feeling her being active all day long. I can see movement but not always feel it. And my kick count timing is getting longer to get to 10 movements. But my doctor did say that I may feel less and she gets more scrunched in there which does make sense, but it is still nerve-wracking. I'm just glad that I now know where to go in the hospital should we need to since we had our tour the other night. I kept thinking that we'd be walking down the hall in the labor and delivery area and hear some poor woman screaming, but that didn't happen and I am so glad. I don't know why, but I was so scared of that. =)

Anyway, on to other news. John had his quarterly all-staff meeting at work this week and he got another shout-out just like last time. This time it was from one of the top guys - his boss' boss. Apparently he hadn't been sold on hiring a purchasing manager when John was hired, which he said at the meeting, but then went on to say that after looking at all the numbers since John had been hired that he was willing to admit that he had been wrong! I guess John is doing a great job and saving them a bunch of money. So needless to say I am very proud of him! He'll probably not be too happy that I am posting this out there, but he'll get over it.

Monday morning starts one of the last parts of the flooring renovation we've been doing. The tile guy is coming! Finally we will have all the floors done! He should take 3-4 days to complete it, then all John has to do is put in the rest of the baseboards and we will be finished. Thank goodness. This has been a long process but it all looks so good. I'm sure the tile will be great too. My dad is coming out to supervise and I'm excited to see him. He missed the baby shower weekend so it'll be nice to hang out for a few days.


Jenn said...

Holy Crap! That would totally freak me out. It sounded like you were a lot calmer than I would be. I would be crying and freaking. At least she is still moving around in there and she is going to be perfectly healthy I am sure.

Anonymous said...

Stop it, stop it right now! You are driving me to drink. Pregnancy is a normal life condition ... my grand baby is totally fine. Do not worry! If she is high strung cuz of your worrying during pregnancy, I'm going to beat your butt!

I love you. MOM

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you write about this stuff so I'll know what to expect! You know, in 20 years when i finally have my own...