Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sick baby

Yes, Olivia has her first cold. She came home with it yesterday. She is very congested and snotty, but other than that she seems fine. No cough, etc. She did feel a little warm but she was still smiling and doing fine when I dropped her at day care today. She woke up last night at 11 having a hard time breathing through her nose and she kind of just moaned and whimpered for a while. Her humidifier was on but it didn't seem to be doing much for her. I tried breastfeeding her some which calmed her down and John and I suctioned out her nose. That was a lot of fun for all of us. Right. But it did seem to help. I propped her up on her Boppy for the rest of her night so she didn't have the mucus choking her like it might have if we laid her flat. I did suction her out again this morning but she is still pretty stuffed up. Poor thing. I feel bad for her. I don't know what else to do except let it run it's course. That's what happens when you are in day care.

On another note I realized that some of my shoes are now too small for me. I wore a pair to work this week and my feet killed me. I have to get rid of them. It is very disappointing because I love them and I wear them all the time. They are perfect for work. The things that pregnancy does to your body. It's amazing. Although, I guess this just means that I have to go shoe shopping. Oh well.

Also, I am in two fantasy football leagues and both my teams suck. Just so everyone knows. So if you need a token loser for your league next year give me a shout. I'm your girl.

My mom is not evacuating for Ike. She is staying put all by herself. My dad left on his trip today so Mom is in charge of the house. She was going to go to Austin tomorrow but she said that the roads are a mess right now so she's not going to leave. Let's be sure to keep everyone effected by that storm in our thoughts and prayers. It looks like it is going to be a big one.

No comments: