Tuesday, December 9, 2008

6 months old!

Olivia turned 6 months old last Friday! I can't believe it! Part of me looks back and it seems like it took forever but most of me thinks it has just flown by. She also had her 6 month check-up and she is 27 inches long and weighs 21 pounds 6.5 ounces. That puts her in th 90th percentile for height and the 95+ percentile for weight. She is still mainly on breastmilk but is eating rice cereal too. We are slowly introducing veggies and fruits will come later. She DOES NOT like sweet potatoes (she literally gagged when we fed them to her), but she doesn't mind carrots. Green beans and squash will be next. The nurse practitioner is not too concerned about how big she is but she did suggest feeding her the vegetables that are lower calorie. Looks like the poor girl is going to have my metabolism.

Olivia did get a new toy for her half birthday. An Exersaucer! She really seems to love it. And I think that Mom and Dad love it even more because it allows them to get a lot more done. =)
We also finally got her a highchair. I can't really tell what she thinks about it, but she does like that fact that she can bang her hands on the tray and make a bunch of noise. I never thought that, with her size, something would make her look small, but the high chair does.
I got an early Christmas gift on Sunday when I took O to get her ears pierced. John didn't want to do it so he didn't come into the store with me, but she was awesome. She screamed for a minute or so but only because I think it scared her more than anything. She lets me touch them and turn the earring so she's not having any issues with pain or infection. She looks so pretty. I wanted to get them done before her 6 months pictures were taken, so it worked out well.
I have a coworker who is a season ticket holder for the Arizona Diamondbacks and they put out a monthly magazine. He always gives his to me when he's done so I can read it and take it home to John. Olivia enjoyed it as well - both reading and eating it.
On Friday John and I get to have a mini date night. We are going to a Christmas party and leaving Olivia with a babysitter. We don't get to do this much so I'm sure we'll really enjoy it. Then next week we have his all employee holiday party at the arena. We'll take her to that one and show her off.

1 comment:

Me Too said...

Wish I could be at the holiday party to meet the Little One! But, I'll be working. . have fun - and I hope you and John had a good mini-date last Friday! :) - Andi