Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Jinx (warning - fairly long)

I have a confession to make and I really don't know if I should say anything but the people who read this blog aren't going to go blabbing their mouths off, are they?  =)

I don't think it will come as any surprise to hear that we are looking for a job back in Texas (or a nearby state).  Well, I'm not.  John is.  Everyone knows that we want to be back close to family. 

It's not that J doesn't like his job.  Just the opposite, in fact.  He LOVES his job.  He loves what he does, where he works and who he works with (and I am in the same boat).  He loves working in sports again.  We just want to be closer to where all our relatives live and the Coyotes aren't the most stable of organizations right now.  That pull of our family is stronger than the one that is keeping us here.  It's unfortunate that AZ is so far from TX (and that a lot of the people in AZ suck - sorry, it's true) because the situation as far as our jobs here go really is pretty ideal.

I haven't said anything thus far because I don't want to jinx anything we may have in the works and be disappointed all over again.  For example, J had a phone interview a few weeks ago and I didn't say anything to anyone because I didn't want it to come back and bite me. (By the way, nothing has come of it so I don't know why I was worried.)

But then I thought that it really doesn't work that way.  At least I don't believe that it does.  Some of you may not agree with me but I believe that things happen the way they do for a reason.  I believe that there is a plan out there for all of us and we just have to let go and let it happen.  Even though I believe this in my heart I have a hard time letting go in my head.  I fight it every time and then when everything works out I always wonder why I didn't just let things happen like they were supposed to.  I have faith that what is in store for me is going to be the right thing, and when it happens it is going to be at the right time.

As much as I hated moving when I was in high school it set in motion everything that has brought me to where I am today.  If we hadn't moved I wouldn't have ended up at Rhodes where I met two of my best friends in the world.  If I hadn't ended up at Rhodes and living in Memphis I wouldn't have worked for the Redbirds.  It was there that I met John and now I can't imagine my life without him.  I truly believe that the heartache that went with the move, and every other experience in my life, has also brought so much happiness and made things the "way they were supposed to be".

I believe that when John was so unhappy at his job before the Coyotes and all the rejection that came with his job search at the time was worth it when I came across the Coyotes' position on a whim.  It was supposed to happen that way for him/us.  Sure, we didn't want to stay here any longer, but this is what we needed at the time.

I believe that as soon as I learn to stop fighting what God has planned for me/us that things will happen the way that they should.  It's just a matter of doing it - which is much easier said than done, especially when you want it to happen right now.  I have to believe, though, that there is something better for us coming up and we just have to keep our eyes open for it and our hearts open to it.

2 comments:

MamaG said...

I completely agree with you. There is a plan for everyone and when the time is right God will make things happen for you. Hang in there and just try and be patient. I know how hard it is being away from family especially around this time of year. I miss mine every day. I hope you and your little family of three has a very Merry Christmas!

Patti said...

All things are possible with HIM. Allow HIM to work in your lives ... trust in HIM ... praise HIM. He's the only one who knows what you really need. I love you guys.