Friday, September 16, 2011

First Haircut

I (finally) took Olivia for her first haircut last week.  Yes, she is 3 years and 3 months and has never had her hair cut.  She desperately needed it but mom was holding out.  Liv was all for it.  She said she wanted to cut her hair "short like mommy's".  I nixed that.  I'm not ready for it. 

I have been so scared to cut off all her beautiful curls for fear that they won't come back since the rest of her hair is straight.  But the girl couldn't go any longer with her hair the way it was.  It would just hang there and get in the way and get food in it.  It doesn't help that O doesn't like to leave her rubberbands or bows in either.

So I sucked it up and took her to get it cut and she did great.  I got mine done first so she'd know what to expect.  She was more excited about sitting in the chair to watch than anything else.

She chose to not have her hair washed so the stylist just wet it with a spray bottle.  Something she was used to because Kimber, our day care provider, does the same thing when she fixes Olivia's hair.  (Yes, most mornings I can't fix her hair so Kimber will end up doing it.  I'm a terrible mother, I know.)
Anyway, Olivia jumped onto the booster when I was done and was a champ.  She kept her chin down when asked and didn't whimper, whine or cry about any of it.  It was awesome!  Once again, Olivia impresses me when I'm not sure how she'll react.

Her hair is now about 4 or 5 inches shorter and layered.  I did keep some of her hair, some of her wonderful curls, just in case they don't return.  They haven't so far.

1 comment:

Mom said...

She looks precious and was so brave! :-) I do hope those curls come back .. you know how attached I was to them!!